Monday 12 May 2014

Direct Disperse Digital Textile Printing with MTEX

Well we've started to set up for our degree show now, all hands on deck this week for our display exhibits. I thought I'd add a glimpse into the print process for my fabrics.

All the fabrics for my degree show were printed on the MTEX 3.2m wide direct-to-textile printer using disperse dye inks and in-line dye-sub fixation. The colours are vibrant and photo realistic, much more accurate than other digital methods I've used before.

I was lucky enough to have the fabrics printed by MTEX Technologies at a trade show at no cost, so effectively, they have sponsored the fabric printing for my degree show. I'm very grateful to the lads there for printing my files, it saved me hundreds of pounds and I couldn't be happier with the result.

Here's a video of the fabrics being printed:



And here's a sneak preview of the fabrics for the show.



No comments:

Post a Comment